Which to choose, Hybrid or Full Electric Vehicle?
The hybrid vs electric cars choice comes with lots of factors to weigh up… family, distances covered, type of journeys, charging station proximity, solar panels, etc, etc….
Here are five reasons you should buy a hybrid over a full electric vehicle:
- Better range
- Hybrid vehicles typically have a longer driving range than electric vehicles, making them better suited for long trips or commutes without the need for frequent charging.
- More fuel-efficient
- Hybrids use both petrol and electric power to run, so they typically have better fuel efficiency than fully electric vehicles. This can help you save money on fuel over the life of the vehicle. Although you are are still paying for both the fuel AND/OR the electric, unless you have solar panels… it’s not totally clear cut this one.
- Lower initial cost
- Hybrid vehicles tend to be less expensive than fully electric vehicles, making them a more accessible option for those who want to reduce their carbon footprint without breaking the bank and getting to understand the value of a hybrid car.
- More charging options
- With a hybrid, you don’t need to worry about finding an electric charging station, as you can simply fill up at any gas station. This can be especially helpful for those who live in areas where electric charging infrastructure is still developing. So just plug in where and when you can without the planning or desperate reduction in fuel efficiency to make it to the next charging station!
- Reduced environmental impact
- While fully electric vehicles have zero emissions, hybrid vehicles still produce fewer emissions than traditional gas-powered vehicles. By choosing a hybrid, you can reduce your environmental impact without sacrificing range or convenience. And with a smaller battery are arguably better for the environment in both the short and long term.
I am a fan of the hybrid here in Australia, more so than the full electric
There are more reasons than that, if you are prepared to keep digging for them, but it’s a start point.
I am a fan of the hybrid here in Australia, probably the plug in one as I can use it within my solar panel system, more so than the full electric, because there’s not enough charging stations yet. The distances between them can be very long, I know some guy went around Aus in a Tesla but far out, what a chore, and the planning that has to go into some journeys can be a pain.
The future is here NOW and whichever way you go, bear in mind that there’s still an environmental impact to driving any type of car over riding a push bike, but that’s not practical 100% of the time. So, what I guess i’m saying is, here are some things to think about, ask me any questions, let me know what you’ve done about the great hybrid cars Vs electric cars debate below and also, do what you feel is right for you and your current / next 3 years motoring and life circumstances.
Thanks as always for reading and i’ll catch you soon.